Friday, May 25, 2012

Strawberry Picking!

My friend Erin, our activities director :), once again put together a trip to Spencer Farms for strawberry picking.  We made the trek last year, but don't have pictures (Erin probably does...I was wearing a screaming infant and trying to keep Charlie from eating all the berries).  Spencer Farms is located in Noblesville (way outside of my "normal" travel range for activities, ha) but well worth the drive.  I somewhat failed in my picture taking adventure, but I did manage to get a few (imagine, trying to keep Charlie from walking on the plants, keeping Sam from eating ALL of my strawberries, picking strawberries myself, AND taking pictures?  Didn't happen)

Charlie, pointing out the strawberries.
 Ian takes the first bite...Miles showing me his strawberry
 
Walmart outfit ended up covered in strawberry juice
 A rare group shot!  Lucy, Eli, Ian, Evie, Miles, Sam, Tripp and Charlie 
(missing babies William and Quinn)

Playing on the rockers
Charlie's best smile, and Sam showing me his "dooo"
 
The yummy berries!
I also did not manage to capture pictures of the ice cream we all enjoyed (mommy, err, Charlie picked chocolate chip cookie dough).  The highlight of the trip?  It's a tie...either the detour on the way home past the stone quarry (Charlie wants to live there...he says at night after all the workers go home, he can play with all the rocks), or the HUGE construction site on 146th/US-31, a hit with both boys (yes, Sam wants to be JUST like big brother and thus, also has a truck obsession..."kuck!!!")

No comments: