Living in our old house, we're in a constant state of "home improvement". It's exhausting sometimes, and not fun spending money on "maintenance" versus something new and cool, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. You already know how I feel about this neighborhood, and I feel the same way about these old houses. And while they require lots of maintenance and upkeep, at least I know they're built to last, which cannot be said of a lot of the "new builds" these days!
At any rate, our front steps have been falling apart for the past few years. A previous owner tried a "quick fix", so it looked good when we bought the house, but with each freezing/thawing of winter, they have started crumbling. Time for new steps!!! Here are the before pictures:
And the entryway to our driveway...we've been holding our breath for the city to come and repair our sidewalks but I guess it's time to take matters into our own hands...Charlie was in HEAVEN with all the construction. Our concrete guy was great (thanks to a recommendation from the Segers), and I'd be happy to pass Tony's information along to anyone in need. He even let Charlie sit in the mini-bulldozer!
On the jobsite...Charlie in the thick of things. After he saw the workers, he ran down to the garage to get his shovel and hard hat.
Sam's now saying "cuck" which is apparently "Truck", anytime he sees or hears anything that resembles a truck! Learning from big brother...
(tongue out, working hard!)
The beautiful finished project.
Pictures to come soon with our plants back in place and our new patio set!














No comments:
Post a Comment