I'm still far behind on my pictures (surprise) but I thought I'd stop and do a quick post to recognize that my "baby" is now 2.5!!! It's hard to believe how quickly time has flown by (cliche, I know, but it's true) and amazing to us how much he grows day by day.
We went to the doctor on Friday and of course, Charlie had a full conversation with the doctor, answering all his questions (what do you like to eat, what's your favorite thing at school, etc) so I didn't have to do much work. I can't remember all the stats (I didn't write them down!) but he's 30 lbs (about 50th percentile) and his height is about 35th percentile--finally something that we expect...for the first 2 years of life he was 80th+ and no one is tall in our family!
And here is where we brag :) At 2.5 years, Charlie
-wears mostly 2T clothes
-is potty trained, daytime (although we've had minor setbacks lately? not sure why) but still in a diaper at night
-still eats like a rockstar, loves most fruits and veggies
-sleeps 10-12 hours at night, plus a 3 hour nap if he gets the chance (sometimes doesn't sleep at school...)
-can sing his ABCs, knows all of his uppercase letters, and some lower case, and counts to 20 (accurate except the darn "eleventeen" that sometimes sneaks in after 16)
-can name almost every construction truck (ha), all the fruits/veggies in our garden, etc
-LOVES to read books. He could sit for hours if you would only read to him...and hangs on every word
-is able to play 30+ minutes by himself, self-entertaining in the playroom
-rides his balance bike like a pro, lifting his feet on the hills and balancing for several seconds! I'm sold.
And here's where I complain :) He recently has entered a whining phase, I think it comes along with Sam actually becoming a "real person" and stealing some of the attention. He yells at Sam when Sam even looks at his toys...and often "whines" his requests rather than simply asking. I'm hoping it's just a phase, but it's one I can't wait to say goodbye to!
All and all, he's pretty good, I think we'll keep him :)
1 comment:
That eleventeen gets me everytime
Post a Comment