Sunday, October 9, 2011
8 months and growing!
It's hard to believe Sam is already 8 months old...time is flying by! A few weeks ago, I started giving him "puffs" and he figured out really quickly how to get it to his mouth. Now, he's done with purees (except the few I still have frozen!) and feeds himself all finger foods (mostly steamed)...sweet potato, carrots, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, peas, corn, apples, pears, plums, banana, avocado, cheese, cereal, tiny bits of pasta and even bits of the meatballs we had the other night! Quite the champ.
On another note, Sam started crawling! I've been expecting it for the last month or so, but he finally has the forward motion, up on hands and knees, as of two days ago...and is into everything :)
At 8 months, Sam
-still nurses 4x/day (early, 11am, 3pm, bedtime)
-feeds himself breakfast, lunch and dinner
-goes to "mothers day out" on the day that I teach at Charlie's school...and hangs with the babies even though he's the youngest by a few months
-back to not sleeping all the way through the night :( has been waking at 4/5am wanting to nurse for the past 3 weeks. I thought it was a growth spurt so I gave in...but now I'm done. Scott's out of town for the next few days so "bootcamp" starts tonight...
-naps 30 min/1 hr in the am (sometimes on the go, on my back in the carrier or in the stroller) and ideally, 1.5-2hrs in the afternoon
-tries to pull up, but hasn't done it yet
-can stand on his own for 10 minutes or so at his play table, and then sits down when he's done
-CRAWLING!
-"walks" when we hold his hands
-is a pretty content baby, even though he still struggles with naps.
-goes to bed like a champ at night...pjs, nurse, give him lovey and paci and place him in the crib; he's usually out within 5 minutes and no fussing
-smiles anytime anyone gives him any form of attention :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment