Thursday, March 21, 2013

St Patty's Parade

Indianapolis always has their St Patty's Parade the Friday before St Patrick's Day...when I worked downtown, we used to watch it from our office windows (up on the 22nd floor...so we saw the whole parade at once!)  Now that I'm home with the kiddies, we've made it a tradition to go downtown to watch the parade.

Unlike last year, we did not have ideal weather.  In the 40s...chilly.  But, I had promised the boys we would make the trip and even made plans with Charlie's classmate, Eva, and her family, to go downtown together.  In true mother-of-three-children-barely-getting-by fashion, I did not take my camera.  Fortunately, Christian (Eva's dad) had a camera and caught a few moments of the morning.  And we even managed to meet up with several of our friends as well!

Owen (Eva's older brother), Sam, Eva and Charlie waiting for the parade to begin

  Poor Julia stayed warm in her carseat the whole parade! (see our stroller in the background?)
 Caught in the background: Cole, Ayla, Eli, Sarah, Katie, Rosie and Tripp.
Charlie's favorite part of the parade was "the candy" (they throw it out), although he only has eaten one piece. His second favorite part was the big drums that "made his belly shake".  Sam only picked up 2 pieces of candy despite my prodding...and really liked the fire trucks.  And we didn't make it over to the green canal this year--too much with the cold weather and three children!

No comments: