Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Indiana State Fair

The state fair is always a favorite for our household...pre-children, it was for "people watching"...and now, it's fun to watch Charlie have so much fun! Charlie, Sam and I went one morning...we had planned on going back again with Scott but never got around to it.
Charlie loved the (Styrofoam) birds
We saw the elephant but didn't go for a ride...it wasn't open yet. Oddly enough, Charlie had no interest in riding the pony, but said yes when I asked him about the elephant!"Little Hands on the Farm" was a big hit.Feeding the cowsCollecting apples and riding the tractor (Charlie's legs were a little short)Showing off his string cheese (what he "bought" in the store after working on the farm)...this is as close to a smile as I could get!Loved riding on the tractor...until I noticed the sign that said "These tractors are privately owned...please respect the owners and do not let your children climb". OOPS!A big hit...the excavator. He actually asked me to take this picture (but then wouldn't smile)We even got to see a calf being born! This isn't a great picture, but two hooves are actually sticking out of the mama...it was actually really cool.Then we headed over to all the animal barns...Charlie liked touching the pigletsAnd LOVED petting the goats!We came across a barn full of donkeys...didn't know those even came to the fair, but they're really loud. All in all, we had a great day, and it was good, cheap fun (Thanks Mom for the Indystar coupon...) We finished off the morning with a chocolate shake from the dairy barn :) Charlie's already talking about next year's fair!

And yes, feeling guilty as I edited these pictures...not a single one of Sam's first trip to the fair! He was an angel, sat in the stroller (and hung out in the Beco for a bit) and stayed awake the whole time!

No comments: