This year we went the same place as last year--down the street a few blocks where they do an "early" trick or treating for younger kids (it started at 5pm). A lot of the homeowners come and sit on their front steps/driveway so the little kids don't have far to walk. Charlie hit a few houses here and there, and understood what to say/do, but wasn't super into it.
![]() |
| Making his duck face... |
![]() |
| Proud that he went to the door all by himself! |
We didn't get many smiles until we ran into these ghosts. If Charlie had his choice, he would have taken them home with him!!! Smiling, waving at them, he even asked me if he could pet them!
He ate a red sucker. When it was gone, he said to Scott, "Can I please have another sucker? A green one" Scott said, "I'll check but I don't know if there's any green ones". Charlie's response "There is, dad. You will see." Of course he remembered picking out the green sucker!
After Trick-or-Treating, we went back to our house for the annual Halloween bonfire and to pass out candy. Every year since we've lived in this house, we've done a bonfire.
![]() |
| My monkey and my duck :) |
Our friends the Isens came over to Trick-or-Treat with us, and sit by the bonfire. Eli was all about Trick or Treating, and left us in the dust, so we didn't get any pictures of the boys together. However, I did manage to get one shot while sitting by the fire...and had the wrong setting on on my camera, so here's what I got! I thought it was fitting for Halloween as Eli looks like a ghost (and Charlie looks like he saw a ghost!)
Per the usual, houses on Washington Blvd (one street over) had thousands of trick or treaters (I'm not exaggerating...) and we probably had 40 or 50. But we had a hot bowl of chili by the fire and Charlie shared his candy with me :) We let him eat as much as he wanted (which maybe totaled 5 or 6 pieces the whole night) and he stayed up till almost 10 when he told us "Mom I think it's night night time". Success.
















No comments:
Post a Comment