Ryan and Karen Crossley came over to visit this year for Valentine's Day (not because of the holiday...but that's when it worked with all of our schedules!) We avoid restaurants on Valentine's Day because I don't like the hype or the crowds...so we decided to put together a fondu dinner at our house.
It turned out really well--awesome cheese fondu with bread and apple slices (as good as the melting pot! and better cause we were at home), then a meat course with beef, shrimp and chicken as well as lots of veggies. The dessert course came later; and we kinda cheated because I just bought one of those containers of chocolate that you can melt directly in the microwave (for strawberries, raspberries and bananas) but it was delicious. The only thing that would have made it better was a glass of red wine :) And of course it was great to see Ryan and Karen!
1 comment:
Shalom Collevechio fam!! Just checking in to say hello and send some love! Karen gave me your website. So exciting to see you and all the baby preparations. I'll be waiting for news. Best wishes. xoxo
Post a Comment